If you are a fan of chilli-hot snacks, this avocado fries recipe is just for you! This is an incredibly delicious snack packed with goodness and flavour. To be honest, this is one of those snacks which can easily become an addiction. Thankfully, it is a healthy one!
The avocado fries recipe can easily take the place of potato fries. Taste the avocado version once and you may never want to return to potato fries. This recipe is s easy, that it is more of an assembly job than a recipe.
You could adjust the spice level if you don’t like your food too hot and spicy. However, the quantities in this recipe are not crazy spicy and they add a punch of flavour to the creamy avocado. For some extra flavour, dunk the avocado fries in homemade vegan garlic mayo. The recipe you can find in Ursula Lake’s recipe book.
Avocados are really a versatile fruit and so many delicious vegan dishes can be prepared with it. Therefore, it is handy to always have some avocados in your pantry.
Avocado fries recipe
Course: SnacksCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Easy
1 large avocado
75 g ground almonds
15 g ground flaxseeds
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
30 ml almond milk
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a mixing bowl combine the almonds, flaxseed, spices and salt.
- Peel and chop the avocado into long slender slices. A few millimetres thick should be about right, you don’t want them too thin.
- Place the almond milk in a bowl and dip an avocado slice in it until it is covered.
- Next, place the wet slice in the dry mixture, turning the slice over to make sure it’s fully coated in the dry mix. Place on the prepared baking tray and repeat until all the slices are covered.
- Bake in the oven for 7 minutes before flipping them over and finishing off the other side with a further 5 minutes in the oven.
- Serve immediately with maybe a few grinds of salt and pepper and a big dollop of vegan garlic mayo to dip them in.
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
For more vegan-friendly Valentine’s Day ideas, just have a look at our recipe page. We have so many excellent suggestions for you to try.